Friday, November 7, 2014

Magic of Christmas

Hello Classy Friends, Diane here with you today!
I live in a log home and each year it is decorated in red and white for Christmas. Somehow that color just seems to belong in a log type home. But there still is a girlie part of me that loves the vintage look of Christmas in the blue and pink colors!


I started out with a Darice snowflakes embossing folder
and topped it with a doily die cut.

I used the Memory Box Starry Wreath, and cut from the
beautiful new Wild Rose Studio Frosted Lace papers. The entire paper pack is full of dreamy pink and blue papers in gorgeous designs!

I cut a holly flourish and added Pink Pearls for berries. The holly was cut from Stardream Rose Quartz Metallic paper.

For the center of my wreath, I cut 2 Memory Box Leaping Deer. One was cut from the Stardream Rose Quartz Metallic paper, and a second from Luminized Curious Silver Metallic. I offset the silver deer on the pink one to create a shadow effect.


I finished the inside of my card with 2 more of the deer,
a scrap of paper left from the wreath, and the beautiful sentiment from JustRite Christmas Inner Thoughts stamps.

The finishing touches were a bow and a jingle bell.

I wanted to mention the Metallic papers I have used. These papers are a wonderful 105# weight, (normal card stock is about 80# weight), and when using with your die cuts, they add a beautiful shimmer and elegance to your projects.  I have been using them for quite some time now, and love every single beautiful color they come in. Give them a try with your next order!!

Don't forget we have a weekly challenge. Just click on the Current Challenge tab and it will take you right there. There is a fab prize offered each week. If you want to get ahead, click on the Challenge Calendar tab!


There is still time to join our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Weekly Challenge tab on the right side of the blog!

Join the Classy Cards blog email list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today! 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





 


Pin It

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Diane!! I love the layers and cuts you used!! The deer is fabulous!! What a gorgeous card!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts