Saturday, January 31, 2015

Frenchie Love

Shirley, here today!  I am sharing a card with you about a new love in my life. My new love is Tucker, a little French Bulldog. I have thought about getting one for about five years. Boxers were my first love and I really had the boxer puppy fever, but decided I really needed a smaller dog so I chose to get a Frenchie.

The funny thing is, I ordered a die from Classy Cards 'n Such that was a French Bulldog. That really got me to thinking about purchasing a Bulldog. I found a Frenchie within 7 miles from me and went to look at him. I fell in love with him at first sight so he arrived at my house a day ahead of the die. Well, enough about my new love, I will get back to the card I made to show for you to see. 

I used a white card base, added a black layer of card stock to it. I cut a pink layer and embossed it for the next layer.  I used the Grand Madison Door by PoppyStamps with white card stock to make my door.


To make the base of my wreath, I used two circle dies. I used the Memory Box Precious Hearts die to cut the bow and the hearts. I cut them a part so I could place them on the wreath.

I had a small bone punch in my collection that I used for the bones. I cut black and white ones. I layered the black under the white ones to make them stand out from the door. I used Black Rhinestones to decorate the pieces on my wreath.

I used the PoppyStamps Frenchy die to cut two little black dogs. I put Pink Rhinestones on the extra bone I cut to use with the dogs.I used Small Joy Foam Pads to put behind the dogs, the bone and door to pop them up off the card.

I appreciate you stopping by today to see my card.  Come back tomorrow for more inspiration from the design team.


There are new dies, stamps and stencils in the shop this week along with lots of other new additions! You can see everything here.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...










Pin It

1 comment:

irishgreensue said...

Aww, how sweet is that - you have a new furbaby - TUCKER!! Well, you card looks like TWO arrived at your doorstep, so you better keep a sharp eye out for his sibling!! Love the Madison door all decked out for Valentine's Day - your very favorite - Pink and black with some white. Great card!