Friday, January 30, 2015

Grandma's Bouquet

Hi, it's Jenny posting today, with a card I made for my mom.  I make lots of cards but I'm really terrible at putting things in the mail. I plan on having one of my children hand this to her. I used a number of Cheery Lynn Designs dies on this.  Did you know that the Classy Cards 'n Such shop has CLD dies at 50% off?!  Use code CLD during checkout.


I started by creating the pink Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms Pre-Cut Set flowers.  I stamped the flowers with a dark pink ink pad, and cut them out using the matching Arianna Blooms die.  I sponged Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry Distress inks on the petals using a Mini Ink Blending Tool and then shaped the flowers using a Paper Blossoms Tool Kit and Molding Mat.  To add a little glam, I added a flat-back Pearl to the center of each.

I cut the Cheery Lynn Designs Small Lollipop Cutie Fringe with white card stock, sponged Squeezed Lemonade distress ink to the edges with the Mini Ink Blending Tool, and rolled them with the Roller Tool from the Paper Blossom Tool Kit.  I added a little Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive with the Art Institute Metal Tip to the beginning and end so the flowers would stay tightly rolled.



After the flowers were done I cut four of the Sue Wilson French Collection - Corner, Border and Tag corners out of the beautiful Gold Leaf Metallic Paper.  I mounted the four corners together on paper from the Kaisercraft On This Day paper pad, backed with another piece of Gold Leaf Curious Metallic before gluing them to the cream 5.5 x 5.5 card.

I arranged the flowers and adhered them with Joy Foam Pads (this way if I needed to, I could peel them up and reposition. I wouldn't have the same flexibility with glue).  Then I added Cheery Lynn Designs flourish die cuts around the flowers using Art Institute Clear Adhesive with the Art Institute Metal Tip. The leaves and flourishes were cut out of Cryogen White Curious card stock and have a soft shimmer.

The Cheery Lynn Designs Grandma - set of 2 die cut was covered in Frantage Silver embossing powder.  I love this stuff, it's large flakes coat everything so nicely, even the elegant Cheery Lynn Designs word dies.  After adding the Frantage embossing powder, the die cut looks like a metal embellishment.

Thanks for looking and I hope you can play along with this week's challenge!


There is still time to join our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Weekly Challenge tab on the right side of the blog.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





 


Pin It

1 comment:

Diane said...

WOW, Jenny this is totally gorgeous!!!!
Who wouldn't love to receive this beautiful card...I know I would!!