Saturday, January 10, 2015

Painted Roses

A Rose is a Rose, so the poets say, Thinking of You on this special day! Mindy here, with a Rosy card suitable for many occasions, Get Well, Birthday, or Thinking of You.




I started with a sheet of the beautiful So...Silk Beauty Pink card stock sold in the Classy Cards n' Such Online Store for my card base. If you haven't ordered any of this card stock, please do! The texture and feel of this card is amazing, and so wonderful to work with.

I then took a rectangle of pale pink card stock and embossed it with the Rose Pavilion Embossing Folder by Anna Griffin.  Using my craft knife I cut around the inside of the design, removing the center to use as a separate piece. I then trimmed closely around the flower image and highlighted the flowers with a Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen. This helped to tint the flowers just a bit and make them stand out from the rest of the background.


I then added a sentiment with the Greeting Set die by Impression Obsession and a few Sleek Strip Pearls- Le Creme from Want2Scrap. These pearls come with two sizes in each pack, so I scattered some of both sizes on my card. The background and focal image were both adhered with Foam Pads -Large by Joy! Crafts to give the card depth and dimension.

I want to thank you for joining me today and sharing this very simple, but elegant, card.


There is still time to join our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Weekly Challenge tab on the right side of the blog. 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...



Pin It

No comments: