Thursday, January 22, 2015

Winter Scene

Hello, it's Gracie and today I want to share a clean and simple card with you, that I made for this week's challenge #68 at Classy Cards 'n Such - Winter Birds.

To make my card, first I die cut a card base with Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A. I created a scene on the actual card front with Penny Black's Tweet Tweet stamp set. I used a purple ink pad for the lilac branches and heat embossed the bird on the branch with Gold detail embossing powder from Sparkle 'n Sprinkle. I also heat embossed a wonderful sentiment.


As you can see I sprayed the card with lilac and gold. The lilac drops and sprays were done with a DIY Distress Ink spray I made using Shaded Lilac Re-Inker and water mixed in an empty Spritzer Bottle. I also used Inka Gold in Yellow Gold mixed with water, which I applied tapping a brush. Yes, it is a bit of a mixed media card! I want to point out that I used a mask to keep the sprays and stamps within the frame shape.

I die cut a window to create a frame with Labels Twenty-Five, one of my favorite classic label shapes from Spellbinders. The label was cut from a pierced matting layer die cut with Our Daily Bread Designs Flourish Star Pattern set. I adhered the frame to the stamped card base with double pieces of mounting tape to give extra dimension to it.

I finished my clean design with three Baby Rhinestones - Silver and a piece of gold cording. I didn't want to add a regular bow to the card so I created a nice flow, threading the gold cording through the frame and adhering it with a tiny drop of silicone glue.

I hope you like my card and feel motivated to join our challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such! Remember that the supplies used can be found here.

Thanks so much for visiting today! Stay creative!


If you would like to view the challenge for the week and the rules, click on the Current Challenge label, located on the right side of the page. 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...










Pin It

No comments: