Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Winter Song

Hi, it's Jenny posting with a card for this week's Winter Birds Challenge #68. I immediately thought of the Impression Obsession Birch Tree die when I saw the inspiration photo, but it's still on my wishlist, so I turned to the other beautiful IO dies I do have and this is the result.


I knew I wanted to do a framed scene, so I started by taking two of the dies from the Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A set and cut a frame. I then cut the Impression Obsession Bare Tree and Deer. These deer are very similar to the Memory Box Deer Trio die that's currently in stock at the Classy Cards 'n Such online store.

I arranged the interior dies, glued them to the back of the frame and cut off any overhanging feet and branches.  Then I added lots of Joy Foam Pads to the back of the die cuts. I flipped the frame to the front, covered it in glued and then sprinkled white Glitter over the entire scene. After the image had been glittered, I pulled off the backing of the Joy Foam Pads and pressed the frame onto the blue card stock. *Note - you could use either Crystal Ice or Cloud Nine Velvet glitters.*

I cut a little red bird from the Impression Obsession Small Birds die and glued him to a sparkly branch. Last, I stamped the Inky Antics sentiment from the Bird Bath and Feeder set using black ink.

Thanks for visiting to see my card! I hope you will come back to see even more cards by the Design Team that are posted twice daily!!


We appreciate your sharing our cards and ideas on Facebook, Pinterest, Goggle+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found. The icons below my signature make it easy to share. 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






  
Pin It

No comments: