Monday, February 16, 2015

Framed Butterfly

Hi, Diana here with another card that is out of the norm for me! This week's neutrals with a frame challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such took me out of my comfort zone again but I really liked the end result! 

To make my layers and frames, I used Spellbinders Majestic Squares. The cream vellum was cut using the largest die; the frame was made by nesting the second and third largest dies and cutting four pieces of extra thick cardstock and gluing them together. I also die cut an oval piece of cream vellum to place on top of the oval frame from Spellbinders A2 Filigree Delight. In this way, my PoppyStamps Cheviot Butterfly and Delaney Butterfly did not get lost in all the white.


For my final touches, I added some white satin ribbons, pearls, and a rose. Here is a side view to show you the dimensions. Layering up more intricate dies is a favorite way of mine to make the card stronger and stable - and I think it looks much better too!


Want to plan ahead and join our weekly challenges? Just click on the Challenge Calendar label, located on the right side of the page. We would love to have you share your creative ideas! Invite your friends to play along! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such prize winner!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...




Pin It

1 comment:

Mulberry Mindy said...

I think your card is lovely, Diana! I love the cream vellum with the white, very elegant. Thanks for sharing your layering technique.
Mindy