Saturday, March 14, 2015

Bee Friends

Hi, it's Jenny posting today with a new card I made using the new Memory Box Open Studio Busy as a Bee die.  These Open Studio dies coordinate so nicely and to keep it clean and simple I didn't use other dies.


I first cut the honeycomb strip out of white card stock.  I colored the honeycomb black with Black Soot Distress Ink.  While the honeycomb was drying, I cut the little swirl design out of the card stock. I added a piece of yellow paper behind the white and then glued the honeycomb back into the negative space.  

The bee was cut twice, once out of black paper and once out of yellow.  The yellow bee body was brushed with Twinkling H20's for a little shimmer.  I assembled and glued the bee together and then added Joy Foam Pads to adhere him to the paper.  

The sentiment is from the Justrite Vintage Labels Two stamp set.  After stamping the friends sentiment, I layered the main panel onto black card stock and then onto an A2 card.

For a little added bling, I glued three black rhinestones to the top corner and also glued tiny yellow rhinestones to the bee's antennae.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies


There are lots of really great new items coming to the Classy Cards shop soon!  Please keep your eyes on the NEW!!! section of the shop!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...




Pin It

No comments: