Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Butterflies OTE

Today's challenge card assignment at Classy Cards n' Such blog is to use a die or punch on the edge of your card.  Mindy here, with my card, Butterflies On the Edge.



I started my card by stamping a background stamp on a light green stock.  I then die cut the Butterfly Delights die from Memory Box along the edge and adhered to the front of my card base so the dark green shows through. I also shaded around the background with Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy.

I then stamped the Botanical Rose stamp by Heartfelt Creations and die cut it with the Botanical Wings die, also by Heartfelt Creations. I colored the flowers and leaves with Distress Ink and assembled them with my Susan's Garden Tool Kit, shaping each petal to give the flowers more depth.

I also cut two of the Open Scroll Leaf from Impression Obsession to go behind the flower blossoms.

To add a little embellishment, I added some of the tiny "innies" of the butterflies in the cut-out spaces and a few to the leaves of the flower, along with a few Sleek Strips Pearls - LeCreme from Want2Scrap.

I hope you will enter our challenge for this week, On the Edge. I can't wait to see what you create!



If you are unable to find an item in the store, or would like something special ordered, please email me at beverly@classycardsnsuch.com.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...




Pin It

No comments: