Friday, March 13, 2015

Pretty Blue Birds

Shirley, posting a quick and easy card for you today. I really like it when the designer paper does most of the work for me.  


I started my card using a blue card base and added a layer of green on top of it.  The next layer was cut from the Heartfelt Creations Birds and Blooms 12 X 12 paper pad.  On this particular sheet, I could cut it into four pieces so I could make four cards from it.   Next I used a plain oval die to cut the bluebirds from this same paper pad.  No coloring was needed - I told you the paper was going to do the work for me.

I used blue card stock with the Spellbinders Large Scalloped Oval die to cut the frame for the birds and used a white gel pen to make the dots.  I used Joy Foam Pads Large to pop up the oval on my card.

I used the Memory Box Madera Corner die and green card stock to cut the green sprigs surrounding the the oval.   I used my Bow Easy to tie the blue ribbon bow and added a self-adhesive oval pearl to the center.

The scalloped border at the top of the paper was made with blue card stock and a strip of paper from the Birds and Blooms Paper Pad.

Thank you, for viewing my card today.  Come back real soon, Beverly will have another beautiful card posted for you.



We appreciate your sharing our cards and ideas on Facebook, Pinterest, Goggle+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found. The icons below my signature make it easy to share.  

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...




Pin It

2 comments:

irishgreensue said...

What a great card celebrating the beginning of spring, and how cool that your DP does a good portion of the work for you, since you don't have to color it! Love how the birds and birdbath are cut out for center stage, the border at the top with the sash and greenery, and the flourished vines enhance the card, and your bow is out of this world gorgeous!

Kathy Bradley said...

Shirley,
So gorgeous and elegant - beautiful colors and coloring! The birds have an awesome 3D effect.