Monday, March 23, 2015

Swirls and Pearls

Hello, card making Friends!  It is Shirley posting today!  I hope you all are having a great week. We have had a few really nice days and that sure helps with the winter blahs.

I am showing my card for the Fancy Pearls challenge today. I hope I have added enough pearls. I had planned on adding some lace to it, but that is not where the card went once I got started. I suppose you all know how that goes.


I started my card by cutting a pink card base. I layered it was brown card stock. I used white card stock and the Couture Creations Tied Together die to cut my overlay. I used a piece of word paper, that had a hint of pink to it, to put behind the white overlay.

I used pink card stock and the Spellbinders Floral Ovals die to cut my decorative oval. Next I put a plain white oval that I embossed with the Crafts Too Dots embossing folder to layer over the fancy floral oval.

To decorate my floral oval I chose the Impression Obsession Open Scroll Flower to cut with brown card stock. I backed the flower with pink card stock to make the flower pop. I used Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive with the attachable Metal Tip to adhere it to my oval. I really love this adhesive to glue down small things.

I added some White shimmer ribbon roses to the front of the oval. I used Snowflake Pearls to decorate the front of my card. I added some brown swirls and leaves, using a die from my collection, to decorate my card as the finishing touch.

Thanks, so much, for tuning in today.  I hope you will join us for our challenge, I would love to see your fancy pearls on your card. See you again soon!


There are some really great new items coming to the Classy Cards shop soon! Please keep your eyes on the NEW!!! section of the shop!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...








Pin It

3 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Beautiful and elegant. Lovely dies and colors!

irishgreensue said...

You always know what to do when you are working with pink and black - this card is stunning with the way all the die cuts look in combination, with the pearls and those soft flowers! One amazing card!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors.