Monday, April 13, 2015

April Showers

Good morning, card makers!  I hope you all had great weather and did something fun over the weekend in your corner of the world.  It's Shirley posting today and I was able to spend some time taking the dogs for a walk and visiting with family so I had a good weekend.

Today I have a card for our Rainy Days challenge this week.  I made my card thinking of the sunshine we get after the April showers.


I started my card by cutting the card base using the Poison Ivory Curious Metallic paper.  I cut my second layer from blue card stock.  I used another piece of Poison Ivory Metallic Paper for the final layer.

I cut clouds using the Puffy Clouds die by Memory Box.   I sponged the front side of my clouds with a light blue ink.  I turned the largest cloud over and used it for a template to sponge clouds on the Poison Ivory Metallic top layer, although they do not show up well in the picture.  

I used Impression Obsession Small Grass Border and cut three layers of grass from a piece of green scrap paper.  I adhered these together and added them to my card.  

My next step was to use an umbrella die from my stash to cut the umbrella frame. There is a new Spellbinders die called Umbrella Trio, which worked quite nicely. Just click on the thumbnail in the supplies listed at the end of this post. I used Simple Stories Vintage Bliss paper to put under the umbrella frame.  I adhered my umbrella frame to the paper using Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive.

I used yellow paper and a sun punch from my collection to cut the sun. I used a small circle punch and cut a circle to go in the center of it. I sponged it with orange ink and adhered them together.  I attached the sun and the umbrella to my card along with the sponged clouds.

I had a small space left to add a sentiment from the Our Daily Bread Designs Ornate Frame Sentiments.

Thank you for joining us today.  I hope you will grab your umbrella stamps and dies to make your card for our challenge!


The Classy Cards 'n Such online store carries a variety of weather related items. In the Search Box on the upper right side, just type in clouds, rain, umbrella, garden, etc., and it will bring the items up on the pages. Also check out the New section. There are things being added almost daily. 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





 


Pin It

1 comment:

irishgreensue said...


I love this wonderful patterned umbrella, Shirley!! Looks like the sun came out in Boxertown , thank God! Your card is proof of a bright day - excellent use of all those die cuts, and great choice of a verse!!