Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Cloud Confetti

Hi it's Jenny posting with a card for our Cloudy Day challenge.  I tried to recreate the beautiful relaxing feel of the inspiration photo in a shaker card.



I made an A2 sized card out of a piece of Kraft Card Stock.  The Joy Crafts Waves were cut with a blue card stock.  I used the die as a stencil and highlighted the accents with a Mini Ink Blending Tool and Peacock Feathers distress ink. 

The shaker was created by layering two sizes of nesting circle dies. I glued a piece of clear packaging material I salvaged from toy packaging to the back of the circle. The shop has Clear Card Stock that would work perfectly for this. I stamped my sentiment stamp onto white card stock and sponged Tumbled Glass distress ink around the words.  Then I used a really thick foam adhesive to adhere the circle to the sentiment layer after adding some bugle beads inside. I glued the back of the sentiment layer to the card front. I tucked another piece of waves into the front of the circle too, trimming until I liked the result. 

The clouds are from a die in my stash but you could achieve a similar look with many of the cloud dies or even cloud stencils currently in stock.  I added a couple of them using Joy Crafts Foam Adhesive Pads.

The seahorse was cut from Joy Crafts Crab and Seahorse die set and colored with distress ink.  I sponged more Peacock Feathers distress ink over the die using it as a stencil and then added liquid pearls for interest.

Thanks for visiting!


Click any of the links below to be taken to the products from the Classy Cards shop used on this beautiful card for more information or to purchase the items!

Thank you for stopping by!!! Until next time...






 
Pin It

1 comment:

Brenda's Card Corner said...

AWESOME card...GREAT tutorial!

Brenda