Wednesday, April 15, 2015

I Appreciate You

Welcome friends, it's Mindy with you for this week's card challenge #80 Rainy Days. The challenge was to make a card, including an umbrella in it's design.

I saw a video last week where a couple was making a door decoration for their home with a closed umbrella, tied with a pretty ribbon, and then stuffed with beautiful fresh Spring flowers. That idea is what I used as a basis for my card today.



I started with a delicate umbrella die from my stash and trimmed it down to look as if it were closed. I used the Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive to adhere the trimmed off pieces to the bottom of the umbrella. While it was drying, I pieced my background to the card base.

I used the New Watercolored Memories 6" x 6" paper pad from Ken Oliver Designs, that is now in the Classy Cards n' Such Online Store. These papers are so pretty, they are bright and vibrant colors on one side, and soft muted colors on the other. I layered a strip of Vellum paper and two strips of the Grass Border from Impression Obsession, on top of the watercolor print, before attaching my umbrella with Joy! Foam Pads- small. *Note - there is a Cream Vellum and Heaevyweight Vellum in the store and either would would look very pretty to your project.

I then added layers of flowers using asters, and blooms from the Birds and Blooms Stamp set from Heartfelt Creations, flowing out of the umbrella.There is also a  to match the stamp set.

I also added a few small leaves from the Leaf Cluster die by Impression Obsession, and the Large Bow also from IO.

 I stamped the banner with a phrase from Just the Right Words stamp set from JustRite Stamps. A few Stickles to add sparkle were added to the centers of the flowers.
I hope you enjoy this card, and will join us for our weekly challenge on the Classy Cards n' Such blog that is featured on Sunday of each week.


Everyday we post two designer cards per day, including the weekends, so don't forget to check back with us

We appreciate your posting along with us. We always look forward to your cards and creations. The other fun thing we love to do is award the prize each week. Feel free to spread the word to your crafty friends. The more the merrier. We have also been inviting crafters of all levels to play along. So come join us for some fun!!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...


 



  

Pin It

No comments: