Thursday, May 21, 2015

Cross and Lilies

Hello everyone! Mindy here this afternoon. I'm glad you stopped by!

I finally had time to create with my  Cross with Script embossing folder by Darice, Pristine Lilies pre-cut Stamp Set, and  Cross and Lilies die cut set from Heartfelt Creations.  The card I made could be used for many different occasions or holidays, with a simple addition of a Bible verse inside.



I started this card by embossing a sheet of card stock with the Cross and Script embossing folder, then sanding with a sanding block to show the inside color of the card core. I then adhered it to the card base and began stamping and forming my flowers.

I stamped the lilies on 90# watercolor paper and then colored with Tim Holtz Distressed Marker in Abandoned Coral. I used my  Tim Holtz Water Brush to blend the color on the flower petals, then crimped and formed the petals with my  Susan's Garden Tool Kit.  While the petals were drying, I cut some free-handed leaves to place in between the flowers on my card front.

After the flowers and leaves were dry, I adhered them to the front of my card in a pleasing design using some  Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive. A small bow was added to the flower spray to complete the design.

I hope you have enjoyed visiting with me today. Please visit the  Classy Cards 'n Such online store to see all of the NEW items available.


There are lots of really great new items that have been added to the Classy Cards shop! Please keep your eyes on the NEW!!! section of the shop!

Thank you for stopping by!!! Until next time...










Pin It

No comments: