Monday, May 4, 2015

Mother's Day Blooms

Hello everyone! Diana here with a quick card for our Mother's Day challenge.

When I first saw the this week's inspiration photo for Classy Cards 'n Such challenge  I thought I would go with the flowers.  And then maybe the colors.  But it in the end, I went with the flowers, colors, and layout!



I started with the large stitched rectangle from MFT Blueprint 13.

The cherry blossoms branch is a Darice die cut from watercolor paper that I colored with Distress Stains Picked RaspberryWalnut Stain, and the green from the Twinkling H2O's Thankful set. 

The center of the flowers were done by drawing the stamens with a Versamark pen and adding Gold Detail embossing powder. 


I also used Clear Detail embossing powder over  blue pigment ink for my sentiment from a stamp set in my stock of stamps.

It still needed a little something so I added a butterfly made with PoppyStamps Cheviot Butterfly. I added the Delaney Butterflies dies, (but the Delaney is no longer in stock), out of Heavy Vellum and sponged with Broken China and blue craft metal sheet.

I hope you like this latest card from me!

 
*Just a quick note, Classy Cards 'n Such does carry various  sets of craft foil which some have the color blue. Click on the icons below in the supply list. It also carries metallic papers. Plus, if you want your butterfly to be see through like Diana's is on the card, we also carry Clear Papers which would give you a similar look.


You're invited to Classy Cards 'n Such to see all the amazing products available.

Join the Classy Cards blog email list in the upper left column of this blog, and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today! 







 
Pin It

No comments: