Monday, June 15, 2015

Happy Father's Day

Good morning, Shirley here to start off our Father's Day challenge week. With Father's Day just around the corner, I decided it was time to get busy making cards for the special men in our lives.


I started my card by stamping the main image from the JustRite Haberdashery Vintage Labels Five on Ivory card stock.  I colored the hats with brown markers and then sponged over the entire image with distress ink. Next I cut the layer to go behind the image.  I used the Spellbinders A2 Divine Eloquence with black card stock.

I stamped two hats also from the Haberdashery Vintage Labels Five stamp set.  I sponged over them with distress ink and cut them out.  I glued them to the main image using Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive. 

I cut a the main layer of paper using the Graphic 45 French Country paper pad. 

Since this was a masculine card,  I did not want to add any frill, so I tied the black ribbon and attached it to my card as the finishing touch.

I hope my card has inspired you to get busy making your Father's Day cards.  I appreciate you coming by to take a peek at my card.  See you again soon.


Join the Classy Cards newsletter list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thank you for stopping by!!! Until next time...








Pin It

3 comments:

Debbie said...

A great masculine card! I love the coloring and the addition of the hats. Just beautiful!

irishgreensue said...

Love the shades of masculinity here, Shirley!- lots of brown and black in a very cool frame - love that die you used to showcase the hat rack! The black ribbon and sponging real makes your card shine!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Beautiful masculine card - and the colors are wonderful. You have the most awesome dies.