Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Berry Sweet

Hi, Diane with you today!

This week our challenge is Summer Picnic, using the colors Kraft~Red~White. Now, I don't know about you, but I love a picnic!


I started my card with an embossing folder that to me, looked like a basket weave, embossed on Kraft card stock. A good choice for this is Spellbinders Basket Weave 3D embossing folder.

I stamped my gingham checks on white card stock, using Impression Obsession, Gingham Cover A Card stamp. I used Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Ovals Small to cut the gingham background. (A little tip, these dies are on sale in the store right now)!

The basket is a Memory Box die cut, you could use the
Memory Box Bountiful Basket, which is slightly different from the one I used.

The strawberries were made using a PoppyStamps die
Heart Balloons.This die cuts 4 balloons in a heart shape. One happens to be an outline, leaving a perfect cut
little heart, which is what I used for my berries!


To make the berries more realistic, I embossed them with Crafts Too Dots embossing folder. The stems were made with Impression Obsession Leaf Cluster. This die comes with 2 sizes of the leaf clusters. I used the larger for the berries and the smaller for the berry blossoms. The berry blossoms were made with Impression Obsession Tiny Flowers.


The banner is from Memory Box Banner Parade die. A few Sequins and a twine bow were added to finish. You can make your own sequins, using the My Favorite Things Sequins die and one of the many Foil papers.

I hope to see YOU join in our challenge with us!


Isn't this a fun challenge??  There is plenty of time left for you to join in!  Details can be found by clicking on the Current Challenge tab on the right side of blog. Come join the fun!!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







Pin It

1 comment:

Dottie said...

love the cards very sweet Idea with the basket and berries
God Bless
Hugs
Dottie