Friday, October 16, 2015

Bokeh Technique

Good day, Crafters! It is Shirley posting today. I have made a card using the Bokeh technique. This is the first card I have made using this technique.


The first step in making this card was making the background. I took white card stock and sprinkled Ken Oliver Color Burst in Ultramarine Blue, then misted with water. I repeated this step using Orange and Alizarin Crimson Color Bursts. There were a few areas that needed touching up, so I just used the colors I needed and spritzed again. In some spots I used more water, and let the colors run and mix, which was perfect to create the green color on my card stock.

Next, I made  a template using the Memory Box Over The Moon and Stars die. I took a piece of Clear Card Stock and placed the die over it to cut the template. Once the card stock was dry, I used the template over the clear card stock. I placed the template  where I wanted the stars and moons. I used White craft ink to sponge over them, using circular motions.

I layered my finished piece over gold card stock, and made the card base using So...Silk Glamour Green card stock.

I cut a star out of gold card stock to place over the main Bokeh star. I added a sentiment banner and added a gold star.

For the finish, I placed Silver Rhinestones over the card for the finishing touch.

Thank you for tuning in today. I hope you visit us again soon.


There is still time to join our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Current Challenge tab on the right side of the blog for all the details. Come and join the fun!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...



Pin It

1 comment:

Kathy Bradley said...

Gorgeous colors and a beautiful card!