Monday, October 26, 2015

Cardinal Christmas

Good afternoon!  Diana here, to share with you another Christmas card I made for this week's Squirrel-y Friends challenge.

I went with birds since I wanted to make a Christmas card. As you can see, this is a green Christmas, definitely not white!

Diana Nguyen, Christmas, Poppy stamps, Impression Obsession, card 

I started with the largest die from Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A. It gives a perfect 1/16 inch matting for the white stitched layer using MFT Blueprints 13. I also matted the fishtail banner.

Instead of using the birds from the PoppyStamps Serendipity Bird Frame, I used the PoppyStamps Cheery Cardinals to match all the touches of red I have throughout the card. 

The sentiment from Sweet 'n Sassy's, We Three Kings, was stamped and embossed with White Detail embossing powder and cut using the bracket banner from the same MFT Blueprints 13 set.

Finally, I added some Impression Obsession Evergreen Trees cut from watercolor paper with watercolor brush pens.  The largest one was popped up with a couple of Joy! Small Foam Pads and hangs over the banner just a bit.


Thank you so much for looking and  I hope you get a chance to play along! 


Don't forget to check out the NEW section at Classy Cards 'n Such.New items are almost added every day! When you check out, don't forget to enter your discount for a great savings! 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







   

Pin It

No comments: